Applying for Schengen visa from Singapore
I’m working in Singapore and will be visiting my sister who is studying in Leiden, the Netherlands. Here are the steps I’ve done to apply for Schengen visa. I have never applied for it before.
1. Book an appointment with Netherlands Embassy via their website (Online appointment)
2. Prepare supporting documents (Visa Checklist)
3. Show up at the Embassy at appointment time (10 min walk from Orchard MRT). Here are my documents:
- Application Form (click to download)
- 01 passport photo (35×45 mm, white background)
- Current passport
- Previous passport
- Singapore employment pass
- Company’s Letter (click to download, I copy the form from an online website and make minimum changes to suit me better)
- Payslip & Income Tax Slip
- Bank account statements & credit card account statements (I print 3 months but apparently 1 month is enough)
- Return flight ticket
- Travel medical insurance
- Accommodation Form (click to download, I need to submit this as I will be staying with my sister in Leiden)
- Household registration book as relationship proof between me and my sister
- Sister’s university registration, ID card, passport
3. Pay SGD 110, including SGD 10 for the passport to be delivered to office address via DHL
4. Take visa fingerprinting
5. Total time spent at the appointment: 20 mins
6. Go home and wait. Official waiting time up is up to 15 days.
Updated: My appointment is on 5 Aug 14. My passport with Schengen visa is sent to my office on 8 Aug 14 early morning. I didn’t expect it to be this fast and smooth! Kudos to the Embassy of The Netherlands!
Entry filed under: Đi chơi.